We understand, at Highgate Hill Dental Centre, that good communication is one of the key elements of a great dental experience. We recognise that being able to fully connect with our patients is one of the most important parts of our job. It allows us to:
- Fully understand your concerns, to best help you.
- Explain your options – in terms that you understand – so that you can make an informed decision about your dental health.
- Help reduce the occasional natural anxiety of a dental visit. Because as much fun as it is coming to see us, sometimes we can all get a little anxious.
We also get, that for many patients, English is not their first language or most comfortable language.
We have a very multicultural team at Highgate Hill Dental Centre. We pride ourselves on our diverse backgrounds, cultures and bilingualism (It also makes our staff pot-luck get-togethers great!)
Our team all work best in English, however, we also have a large range of bilingual team members, with heritages from Taiwan, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Ireland, Malaysia, Iran, El Salvador, Vietnam, Zimbabwe and Japan amongst others.
We offer bilingual Chinese speaking dentists to help you. Our bilingual Chinese language speaking services are in the form of Mandarin, Cantonese and Hokkien.
We also have a conversational Farsi and Spanish speaking dentist and team members that are bilingual in Spanish, Farsi, Vietnamese and Japanese for your dental appointments.
Our bilingual dental team includes:
- Mandarin: Dr William Wang, Dr Kathleen Ling
- Fuchow dialect: Dr Kathleen Ling
- Cantonese: Dr Shirley Kwok
- Spanish: Dr Darius Khadembaschi, Ms Vanessa Gonzalez
- Farsi: Ms Simin Fattahi
- Vietnamese: Ms Melissa Nguyen
- Japanese: Ms Yui Goto
As an aside, Dr David Ewen is also learning conversational Spanish and is always happy to practice!
So maybe you are getting your regular six monthly check up and looking for some preventative dental advice; or have symptoms of a toothache that you want to explain accurately; or maybe you have some questions about that crown that you need on that front tooth, our bilingual dental team is always happy to help. Even if your questions are in Mandarin…or Cantonese…or Spanish…or Farsi…
Let us know if you would like to book in with our Chinese, Spanish, Farsi, Vietnamese or Japanese speaking dental team and we will sort the rest out for your next visit.