At Highgate Hill Dental Centre, preventative dentistry is our philosophy. We teach our patients how to look after their smiles and our goal is to ensure you’re not developing any new issues.
Our friendly and professional staff provide the best quality, professional preventative dental treatment in South Brisbane and surrounds. Rather than wait for dental issues to become problematic or uncomfortable, we prefer to work with patients to prevent problems occuring in the first place.
Our dentists will carefully plan and consult with patients about the range of preventative treatment options for potential problem areas, and help patients decide how to best stabilise and monitor them.
We believe education is key, and that painful or more expensive dental work can often be avoided with regular visits to the dentist.
What We Recommend
- Dental check-ups every six months.
- Regular visits to the dentist, including fluoride application, oral hygiene instruction and dietary advice to help maintain a healthy mouth.
- X-rays to check in between teeth and around existing fillings, where it can be difficult to diagnose visually. It’s also good to check bone levels around teeth.
- X-rays to check any pre-existing treatment to the nerves of your teeth, and to gain a better understanding of the facial structures (if required).
- Thorough explanation of dental treatment and options, with an approximate longevity indication, so patients can make an informed decision that best suits their circumstance.
What Out Clients Say
What To Expect During An Appointment
- New patients can book online or over the phone
- If a new patient, please arrive ten minutes early to complete your medical history
- During the appointment, we ask patients if there’s anything they’re worried about
- Initial soft tissue check – a visual examination for anything that shouldn’t be on teeth, gums, lips, cheeks, tongue
- Charting of teeth – existing fillings, missing teeth, general oral hygiene status
- A set of x-rays may be taken to make sure our staff haven’t missed anything in between teeth
- We’ll chat about the general status of the mouth, what needs to be done, what needs to be monitored and start building a preventative plan
- Scale and clean, polish of teeth.
- Finally, a mineral, such as fluoride, is applied to teeth (People can opt out of this if they wish).
Why Choose Us
We are a welcoming, inclusive, family-friendly practise. We have patients that span multiple generations and our professional team enjoy caring for people young and old.
POSITIVE DENTAL EXPERIENCES
We go above and beyond to make sure every person who comes to our clinic has a positive dental experience and leaves feeling empowered to take control of their oral health.
Our centre is close to Brisbane’s CBD yet in a convenient location. There is onsite and street parking, and our practice is also close to public transport and schools.
Our dentists and dental assistants speak a wide variety of languages and are able to cater to different cultural requirements.
'BIG BLUE HOUSE'
Our practice has a ‘homely’ vibe and has been a fixture of the Highgate Hill/West End area since 1957.
Our community is important to us, and we even display the artwork of our young patients around the clinic, creating a fun atmosphere.