At Highgate Hill Dental Centre we aim to work with patients to keep their gums healthy, ensure strong teeth for life and maintain a beautiful smile. We use modern techniques and equipment and are constantly updating our knowledge through further education and courses. We believe regular visits to the dentist can be fun and often often prevent painful and expensive work.
- White Fillings
- Amalgam Fillings
- Dental Mouthguards
- Grinding & Clenching Teeth
- Tooth Extractions
Advanced Restorative Dentistry
- Root Canal Treatments
- Crowns & Bridges
- Selective Implants
- Teeth Whitening
Oral Hygiene Services
- Preventative Dental Care
Where appropriate we also provide referrals for a number of specialist services, including:
- Oral Surgery – for wisdom teeth and extractions
- Paedodontic Dentistry – for children’s dentistry
- Prosthodontics – for crowns, bridges, dentures and veneers
- Endodontics – for root canal work
- Periodontics – for the treatment of gum disease and maintenance
- General Anesthesia – for anxious or phobic patients
- Orthodontics – for braces and appliances
Preventive dentistry also involves us taking the time to carefully plan and consult with you about your treatments and your range of options. Our team understands that this information can be daunting and try our best to explain options in a easy to understand manner. We are constantly updating our knowledge, materials and methods to stay current with modern dentistry. Time is taken to carefully explain the approximate life expectancy of, and possible future issues arising from, each particular treatment option. We are more than happy to answer any questions you may have about your treatment. We aim to allow you to be able to make an informed decision as to the treatment that is best suited for your particular circumstance.
Total preventive care also involves educating you about the simple and effective preventive treatments that you may do at home to maintain your teeth. From this, areas that have been identified as problematic can potentially be stabilised and monitored instead of waiting for large problems to arise. These preventive treatments are individually tailored for you, and can be re-assessed as your circumstances changes over time. We aim to save your time, money and inconvenience, by empowering you with knowledge on how to best protect your smile.
- Six-monthly dental check-ups;
- Regular visits to the dentist, including fluoride application, oral hygiene instruction and dietary advice to help you maintain a healthy mouth;
- X-rays, taken to check in between teeth and around existing fillings, where it can be difficult to diagnose visually, and good to check bone levels around your teeth.
- X-rays, taken to check any pre-existing treatment to the nerves of your teeth, and possibly to gain a better understanding of the facial structures; and
- The thorough explanation of dental treatment and options, with an approximate longevity indication, so that you can make an informed decision that best suits your circumstance
We are a multi linguistic practice and have team members who speak English and Mandarin. We provide a comprehensive range of general and cosmetic dentistry for people of all ages.
Fees & Payment
We like to discuss all aspects of treatments and options with our patients and we will happily provide an estimate of any future dental treatment required. A treatment invoice is provided after each appointment. We do ask that payment is expected on the day of treatment, unless by prior arrangement with the dentist.
We welcome Medicare bulk bills including Teen Dental and Veterans’ Affairs. We are also Medibank Private Members’ Choice and a BUPA Members’ First practice. We also accept a wide range of health fund cards via the iSoft network. If you bring your health fund card, we are able to process most health fund payments immediately on our EFTPOS machine. For your convenience, the remaining gap, if any, can be paid by cash, debit or credit card. Patients are advised to check with their health funds for the rebates that they can expect when they are given the item numbers on the estimate.